These websites are operated by TAWANI Enterprises Inc. on behalf of ourselves and our group companies (“we”, “our” or “us”). These websites together with the entity that receives data from each particular website are as follows:
- https://www.tawanienterprises.com/ – TAWANI Enterprises Inc.
- https://www.tawanipropertymanagement.com/ -TAWANI Property Management LLC
- https://www.tawanipropertydevelopment.com/ – TAWANI Enterprises Inc.
- https://aurumtradingllc.com/ – Aurum Trading LLC
- https://masterwingspublishing.com/ – MasterWings Publishing LLC
- https://www.pritzkermilitary.org/ – Pritzker Military Museum & Library
- https://www.pritzkerarchivespark.com/ – Archives and Armory PMML Wisconsin LLC
- https://www.pritzkermilitaryfoundation.org/ – Pritzker Military Foundation
- https://www.tawanifoundation.org/ – TAWANI Foundation
- https://www.lincolnwayinn.com/ – Lincoln Way Inn LLC
- https://www.chestnutrowchicago.com/ – Chestnut Row Homes LLC
- https://www.1323wmorse.com/ – 1313 Morse Ave LLC
- https://www.themonroebuilding.com/ – J & J Arnaco LLC
- https://coldwarveteransmemorial.org/ – Archives and Armory of PMML Wi LLC dba Cold War Veterans Memorial
- https://www.stayinchicagohomes.com/ – B-FLW LLC and Cat’s Cradle LLC
- https://www.tawaniventures.com/ – TAWANI Ventures LLC
- https://www.mission94firearms.com/ – Mission94 Firearms Education Center LLC
(together, the Websites and Entities)
Tawani Enterprises Inc.
104 S Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60603, USA
- INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
- What Personal Data Does TAWANI Collect and How?
“Personal Data” describes information that is capable of identifying specific users (also termed ‘Data Subjects’). All Personal Data is collected and processed fairly and lawfully, and in a way that respects your rights and is permitted by law. Examples of Personal Data we collect include:
- your name, phone number, email address, gender, location information, birthday, when you complete optional information request forms such as Newsletter subscription forms, and general contact request forms on our Websites. This includes information submitted through manuscript submissions forms (e.g. at https://masterwingspublishing.com/submissions) and information relating to any products or services purchased on our Websites (including billing and shipping address). These forms may also sometimes request you provide other Personal Data to help us determine your needs related to our products and services.
- We also collect customer testimonials, which may contain personally identifiable information such as your name and details of your experience.
- We may collect data necessary to process any payments you make (“Payment Information”), although this information is not stored by the Entities.
- How we use your Personal Data
Personal Data from option information request forms
We use the Personal Data collected from the optional information request forms to discuss your interest in our company and services, to send information and updates about our company, such as promotions and events, and to contact you if requested or necessary. Depending upon your request, TAWANI may also ask for additional information, such as how you heard about us. This information is provided by you on a voluntary basis only and is not required by us in order for you to use and enjoy the Websites. Information collected may also be used to improve the services we provide to you, to relay administrative information, and to verify login information.
We may also post customer testimonials on the Websites which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. Prior to posting the testimonial, we do obtain the customer’s consent to post their name along with their testimonial.
Notifications and One-Time E-mails
Upon successfully submitting information to us such as making a purchase, booking a reservation, entering a sweepstakes, completing a survey or any other related action where you voluntarily provide us information, we may send you an e-mail notification (either a single message or a finite campaign) pertaining to that event where no opt-out is required.
We use the following third party payment processors (the “Payment Processors”) to assist in securely processing your Payment Information collected on the websites:
- ResNexus – in relation to payments made to Lincoln Way Inn LLC, B-FLW LLC and Cat’s Cradle LLC
- Yardi – in relation to payments made to Tawani Property Management LLC, Tawani Enterprises Inc. Chestnut Row Homes LLC, 1313 Morse Ave LLC and J & J Arnaco LLC
- Magento in relation to payments made to Pritzker Military Museum & Library
- Shopify in relation to payments made to Pritzker Military Museum & Library and Master Wings Publishing LLC
- Submittable in relation to the Cold War Veterans Memorial
If you pay with a credit or debit card, the Payment Information that you provide through the Websites will be encrypted and transmitted directly to the Payment Processors. We do not store your Payment Information and do not control and are not responsible for the Payment Processors’ collection or use of your information.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We may provide your Personal Data and the data generated by cookies to third parties. Such third parties may include Google Analytics and other online analytics providers as well as third party software providers that we may engage to assist us in providing you with services and ensure we give you a better experience.
We also use third party services to optimise the discoverability of books published by Master Wings Publishing LLC and may disclose personal data to these companies to use for selling books, for example, via Amazon Sales. The entity we use to provide these services is Ingram Content Group which is obligated to use your personal data solely in connection with our services, and for no other purpose.
- Shopping Offers, Data and Experiences
In addition, Pritzker Military Museum & Library, Lincoln Way Inn LLC, B-FLW LLC, Cat’s Cradle LLC, TAWANI Property Management LLC, TAWANI Enterprises Inc., Chestnut Row Homes LLC, 1313 Morse Ave LLC,J & J Arnaco LLC, and Master Wings Publishing LLC collect – through, ResNexus, Yardi, Magento and Shopify – additional information concerning:
- how you access our Websites, your account and our platform
- information about the device and browser used;
- your network connection;
- your IP address; and
- details concerning your journey through our Websites and platform so as to help troubleshoot and improve services and offerings and, where possible, provide analytics around how many people visit our store through cookies.
What are cookies and how do they work?
The Websites use “cookies” and “web beacons” to collect data, including through the use of Google Analytics and other online analytics providers as described below.
A “cookie” is a small text file that contains a random and unique identifier that either TAWANI or its third party web analytics provider on behalf of TAWANI transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (unless you adjust your browser settings to reject cookies). This enables TAWANI or its third party web analytics provider’s system to recognize your browser and track your movement through the Websites. While cookies do identify a user’s computer, they do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information is not stored in cookies.
“Web beacons” (also known as clear gifs) are typically a transparent graphic image which, in combination with cookies, help us understand how you interact with the Websites. We use web beacons to measure visitor behaviour, help us improve visitor experience, and manage site content.
If you don’t like cookies, you can disable them altogether (please refer to the Help function on your browser settings). Please note that the Websites rely on some of these cookies for functionality. If these are disabled, the Websites may not work properly. Alternatively, if you want to disable certain types of cookies from this Websites, you can do so by clicking on PREFERENCES.
What sort of cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Websites and are necessary to enable the basic features of the site to function and to do so securely and optimally. For example, these cookies themselves allow you to select your cookie preferences.
Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your use of the site to help us improve your experience. They also allow us to recognise you when you return to our Websites, and enable us to store your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region), personalise our content for you, greet you by name, store your settings and allow you to sign-in where necessary. We also use these cookies to combat fraud.
Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, and to see how visitors move around our Websites when they are using them, so we can see how our services are performing. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the Websites or pages you visit and are used for the legitimate purpose of improving the way our Websites works by, for example, ensuring that you find what you are looking for easily.
Analytical cookies: These cookies are used to track point of entry to point of registration for those users participating in our affiliate signup programs, and to track and measure the success of a particular marketing campaign. Some of these analytical cookies are processed by third parties, including Bounteous Inc. which is an online analytics company that partners with Google Inc to provide analytical data. This data also helps us understand how our users are interacting with the Websites. To disable these types of analytical cookies, please go to PREFERENCES.
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our Websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to make our Websites more relevant to your interests and provide you with interest-based advertising. We may also share this information with Bounteous for these purposes. Data collected may includes user journey, gender, geolocation, affinity interests. To enable or disable these cookies, please go to PREFERENCES.
Unless you withdraw your consent (see below for more information on this), we will keep your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected or used. The actual time will depend on the type of relationship you have with us, the nature of the data and the purpose for which it is used. However, we will periodically review all data at reasonable intervals, taking into account the purpose and use of your information both now and in the future (including whether it is necessary to store that information to perform our obligations under a contract), whether we have any legal obligation to continue to process your information (such as record-keeping obligations imposed by relevant law or regulation), and whether we have any legal basis to continue to process your information, in order to ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date. We will delete any data no longer required for our legitimate interests or any other purpose (such as for legal compliance). Please also keep us informed if your information is no longer accurate or otherwise up-to-date.
- Updating and Choice/Opt-Out
If you are subscribed to receive newsletters or commercial emails from us, you may send us a request to unsubscribe from receiving such emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions within the email. We will comply with your unsubscribe request promptly. See ‘Your Rights’ section below and the ‘Right to Withdraw Consent at Any Time’.
- Sale of Business or Assets
- Security, Storage and Privacy
Your privacy is important to us, as is the security of your information. We ensure all information is collected and stored in a manner that is appropriate for the nature of the data that we collect, and the need to fulfil your request. TAWANI and its group companies do not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Data with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We have implemented measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your Personal Data. The Websites use security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We store the information in two redundant databases in two secure environments at different locations with our data hosting service provider. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and physical access controls to our buildings and files.
However, no computer or other safeguards can be 100% secure from malicious intrusion, hackers or other unauthorized access. Therefore – although we use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Data that are proportionate to the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing the Personal Data as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for your rights and freedoms – we cannot guarantee that impenetrable security measures are in place or the illegal and/or unforeseen activity of third parties that may allow them to get around the robust privacy or security measures in place. For example, we cannot control any illegal and/or unforeseen activity of other users that may allow them to get around the privacy or security settings on the Websites.
TAWANI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites to which we link. We encourage our visitors to read the privacy statements of each and every website that they visit.
Where applicable, we use ResNexus for our online reservation services. More information about ResNexus can be found at www.resnexus.com. ResNexus uses industry-standard encryption to protect your personal and payment information during and after your reservation. After your reservation is complete, the system removes your credit card information to prevent theft or disclosure. ResNexus meets or exceeds rigorous industry standards for protecting credit card information and is PCI compliant. This PCI compliance has been verified by an external auditor.
Where applicable, we use Yardi for our property management services. More information about Yardi can be found at https://www.yardi.com/. Yardi provides guaranteed security compliance, data recovery, automatic encryption and the latest in intrusion prevention, security best practices and 24/7 system monitoring.
Where applicable, we use Magento for online sales. More information about Magento can be found at https://magento.com/. Magento regularly tests the core application code for security vulnerabilities and its Product Security Team validates Magento products following OWASP application security guidelines. Several security vulnerability assessment tools and external vendors are used to test and verify compliance. The full code base is scanned with these tools on a periodic basis. Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) is used for storage. All EBS volumes are encrypted using the AES-265 algorithm. This means that the data will be encrypted at rest.
Where applicable, we also use Shopify for online sales. More information about Shopify can be found at https://www.shopify.com/. Shopify’s compliance covers all six PCI standard categories and applies to every store using its platform.
- Legal disclosure
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Websites, or to protect the health and safety of our employees or the general public.
- Children under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide any information on these Websites.
- Links to Other Sites
Name and Address of the controller
The Data Controller for the purposes of the GDPR, and other data protection legislation is:
TAWANI Enterprises Inc.
104 S Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60603, USA
[insert email address]
Phone: (312) 374-9455
Any EU data subject may, at any time, contact our Privacy Officer directly at the above email address to exercise any of the rights listed below or generally with any questions and suggestions concerning data protection.
B1. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- Right of Access – the right to know if we are processing your personal data and, in most circumstances, to have a copy of any personal data of yours that we hold. You can also ask for certain other details such as what purpose we process your data for and how long we hold it. You will not have to pay a fee to exercise these rights, although we may charge a fee if your request is unfounded (for example, we have told you that we do not hold any of your personal data), disproportionate, repetitive or excessive.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate data or complete incomplete data that we hold on you.
- Right to erasure – Known as the Right to be forgotten. In certain circumstances you may request that we erase your personal data held by us. For example, where it is being held for longer than is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected and stored, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to restrict processing – You have the right to restrict the way we process your personal data in certain circumstances. For example, if you contest the accuracy of the data, if our processing is unlawful, to pursue legal claims, or you otherwise object to our processing but do not wish for us to erase your personal data.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to us processing your data for (i) direct marketing purposes (ii) research or statistical purposes and (iii) purposes of profiling related to direct marketing or based on our legitimate interests.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to receive a copy of certain personal data in a structured and readable format, or to have it transferred to another organisation where technically feasible and it does not affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to Withdraw Consent at Any Time – Where we use your Personal Data based on your prior consent, such as where you have given us permission to send you marketing communications by email, mobile messaging or by direct message on social media, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. See above ‘Choice/Opt Out’
- Your Rights with respect to your personal data
Your rights under the CCPA are as follows:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to request disclosure of personal information relating to you that we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold within the past 12 months. If we collect personal information about you, you have the right to request disclosure of:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected that information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- Right of request deletion of the data: If we collect personal information directly from you, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we collect or maintain.
- Right to opt-out from future selling of your personal data: If we sell information about you, you have the right to request that we stop selling your information (an “opt-out request”).
- Right to non-discrimination for the exercise of consumer privacy rights: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. As provided by the CCPA, we reserve the right to provide services that are reasonably related to information that you may choose to provide to us.
- Exercising these rights
In order to exercise any of these rights, please send us an email to the Privacy Officer at the above address.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with the information you have previously provided us.
For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
UPDATED: November 2022